ProVest is sensitive to the privacy and security concerns that individuals have regarding their personal information. This Privacy Notice is designed to explain how ProVest uses the personal information we collect online and offline and to demonstrate our commitment to fair information practices. This Privacy Notice applies to ProVest LLC, to ProVest Services LLC and to ProVest California LLC.
ProVest was founded in 1991 in Tampa, Florida. Today, ProVest is the process server management company of choice for law firms and financial institutions across America. Our core business is service of process – we deliver all types of legal documents, with special expertise in the processing of foreclosure materials. Additionally, we provide our financial institution clients with a variety of other services, including document retrieval and customer address verification.
PERSONAL INFORMATION USED BY PROVEST
ProVest collects and uses personal information as needed for appropriate and customary business purposes. The information may be collected directly from the individual (such as a website visitor or job applicant) or from third parties (such as companies that provides access to consumer address information):
- Personal information provided by a job applicant or worker is used for established human resources purposes, such as recruiting, staffing, administration of compensation and benefit programs; performance management and training; advancement and succession planning; and workplace management and reporting.
- Personal information provided by a customer or prospective customer will be used to establish and maintain a business relationship with the individual’s company and to fulfill specific customer requests for information or services.
- Personal information obtained about consumers from third parties is used by ProVest to provide services to its customers.
- All personal information collected by ProVest may be used for legal compliance and risk management, to protect against injury, theft, legal liability, fraud or abuse, and for other everyday business purposes.
To serve process and provide address verifications, ProVest locates individuals. In addition to the information obtained from our clients directly, we use a variety of third party data sources, including public records (such as real estate records), publicly-available information (such as telephone numbers and neighborhood directory listings) and non-public information (such as address data provided from consumer reports). We use the information obtained only as needed to fulfill our clients’ requests.
INFORMATION DISCLOSED BY PROVEST TO THIRD PARTIES
ProVest does not distribute personal information to third parties, except as follows:
- We provide updated consumer location information (such as names, addresses and phone numbers) to our clients so that they can update their own customer records. For example, if a customer moves we may provide a new address to a financial institution.
- We provide consumer location information (such as names, addresses and phone numbers) to individual process servers who deliver the court documents to the individuals. These process servers are not ProVest employees, but they are under contract with ProVest to provide service of process.
- We prepare affidavits containing consumer location information (names and addresses) for filing with applicable courts that evidence the completion of service of process or attest that an individual could not be located. These affidavits become part of the public record in court proceedings.
- We may provide any personal information to our affiliates, third party data processors, or service providers. For example, we provide personal information about job applicants to the company that conducts background checks for us, and we provide all our worker data to the companies that process our payroll and provide our benefits.
- We may provide any information as required by law. For example, we will provide personal information as needed to comply with court orders, subpoenas or other governmental demands.
- We may also provide personal information to third parties in connection with the sale or transfer of our business or assets.
COOKIES AND OTHER DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
When you visit our website or use our mobile applications, we collect certain information by automated means, using technologies such as cookies, pixel tags, browser analysis tools, server logs and web beacons. For example, when you visit our website, we place cookies on your computer. Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. Cookies allow us to recognize you when you return. They also help us provide a customized experience and enable us to detect certain kinds of fraud. In many cases, you can manage cookie preferences and opt-out of having cookies and other data collection technologies used by adjusting the settings on your browser. All browsers are different, so visit the “help” section of your browser to learn about cookie preferences and other privacy settings that may be available.
CONSUMER CREDIT REPORTS AND IDENTITY THEFT
ProVest is not a consumer reporting agency, and we do not access or distribute consumer credit reports. If you have questions about your consumer credit report, or if you think you may have been a victim of identity theft, contact the major consumer reporting agencies directly. There are three main consumer reporting agencies: Equifax, Experian and TransUnion. You can get one free copy of your credit report from each of these agencies each year. You can obtain your credit reports online or by phone, as follows: Online: To get your credit reports online, visit www.annualcreditreport.com. This is the official website that provides annual credit file disclosures from the three consumer reporting agencies. Telephone: To request your credit reports by phone call 1-877-322-8228. You will go through a verification process, and then your credit reports will be mailed to you. You can contact the consumer reporting agencies directly by visiting their websites at www.experian.com, www.equifax.com, and www.transunion.com.
ProVest does not use or disclose consumer information for marketing purposes. We respect the rights of our commercial and professional customers to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us. To opt-out, simply follow the instructions provided on our emails and we will gladly add your email address to our suppression list.
If you have provided personal information to ProVest, please contact us at the address below to access and update the information. If you have a relationship with a financial institution who is a ProVest customer, you will need to contact that financial institution to access and update the information that it has on file about you.
ProVest has implemented a formal information security program containing reasonable technical, administrative and physical safeguards to protect the security, confidentiality and integrity of the personal information that it maintains about its employees, clients, and consumers.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
If you have any other questions about our commitment to fair information practices, please send an email to email@example.com
4520 Seedling Circle
Tampa, FL 33614
Updated September 10, 2013